Established in 2011, AMIC core business is to embark on collaborative R&T projects, in collaboration with industries and research institutes in the aerospace sector. The establishment of AMIC’s as an industry-led research centre serves one of the key recommendations laid out in the National Aerospace Blueprint 1997. Operating in collaboration with its partners, AMIC’s main role is to provide universities, industries and research institutes strategic directions and focus areas for research in aerospace-related domains.
The centre will play a key role in securing Malaysia’s contribution to the development of global aerospace industries. AMIC R&T activities reflect the current challeges faced by aerospace industry in Malaysia in as well as their future opportunities. Three research themes namely “Sustainable Aviation”, “Factory of The Future”, and “Training of The Future” were selected to shape a path towards the sustainablity of Malaysia aerospace industry.
- To assist the local manufacturers in maintaining and improving their competitiveness in meeting the expected Quality, Cost & Delivery
- To enhance expertise in advanced aero manufacturing and increase industry generated intellectual property (IP) to improve Malaysia’s aerospace competitiveness
- To develop new technologies based on applied manufacturing techniques in order to secure the “Design & Build” work packages
- To assist Malaysian aerospace industry in moving up the global value chain
- To create opportunity for Malaysian scientists and engineers to be involved in development of new innovatives products related to aerostructure manufacturing industry
- To be Malaysia’s foremost industrial-led research and technology development centre.
- By facilitating technology transfer, adoption of innovative design, and developments by aerospace industries to move Malaysian companies up the value chain.
BOARD OF DIRECTORS
Emeritus Professor Tan Sri Dr Zakri Abdul Hamid
Joint Chairman Government
Chief Innovation Officer AIRBUS
Datuk Dr. Mohd Yusoff Sulaiman
President / CEO MIGHT
HO Country Airbus in Malaysia
Shamsuddin Mohamed Yusof
Group Chief Operating Officer CTRM
President - SE Asia, Pacific & S Korea Rolls-Royce
Mohd Diah Abas
Director Infrastructure Commercial MARA